Hey folks! Here's another Episode of Grindz Mi Gearz. Enjoy!
Ok, so what grindz mi gearz is loud folk. I can't stand when you have a group of people (Black, White, Spanish, mix or whatever) come into a quiet setting and act like they're the only ones in the area. Have you ever been on a bus, or got on a bus, and see a group of people (mostly children and teens) arguing and talking loudly like they have no home training? Just last weekend I stepped on the subway bus shuttle (trains were being repaired) heading downtown to meet folks at the Ihop and there was a group of young teens (ranging from 13-17) being as loud as they could. I was talking on the phone and was forced to hang up because neither I nor my friend could hear each other. What made things worse was that it smelled horrible once the doors closed (hygiene rant soon to follow). Naturally, the kids started talking about how it smelled. There was a particular fellow who spoke with such feminine "fierceness" that kept cracking jokes and going on about it like the smell was going to disappear. Like have the thought crossed his mind that his stank ass breath could be contributing to the hot airness on the bus? Or perhaps all of them were contributing? I'm pretty sure it was one of them because only the front of the bus smelled horrible and not the back (hmm....). Thankfully, the kids got off two stops after I did, but because of traffic it prolonged the suffering.
Another incident was when I was heading home on a Sunday night from the city, riding on the shuttle bus back home (apparently most of my stories are fueled by train and bus rides...smh). It was packed and unfortunately the bus was express so it went straight from Jay Street to Utica Avenue via Atlantic Avenue. Just when I thought I was going to have a nice quiet (but standing) ride back home, this loud, big woman started talking on her cell phone. Folks, I'm sure you've been on a train or bus with a person on their phone acting as if they're deaf or the other person on the receiver has gone deaf? That is exactly what happened. Her volume was so loud, I heard her through my already loud music (I turn it up when I'm on the bus because I know I'm not getting robbed nor attacked since it's so public). I could tell you she was definitely having trouble at home with her three kids trying to get decent help from her baby daddies. She was also talking on more than one line so she had to keep telling Yolanda to hold on while she yelled at Shanaynay about one of her baby daddies not giving child support payment.
I just can't stand when people have to act out to get attention, as if today's fashion isn't flashy enough. It irks me even more when it's black people because it doesn't show that we've progressed from the "ignant" people white folks used to see us as back in the day. It embarrasses me when they are cussing and hollering about and creating scenes. Then they're ready to stomp you out or verbally tear you limb from limb when you ask them nicely to settle down and be mindful of the people surrounding them. And don't let me get started on the white folks, especially when drunk. They get so loud; they act as if they own everything and think they can do anything. It is also annoying when they're talking about crap that makes no damn sense and they have that "valley" accent. "Like Oh My God! The sky is blue? Since when? Why? How is that even possible?"
"I don't know but I read somewhere that the gases from the sun make it that way!"
"What kind of gases?"
"I don't know! But it's so extraordinarily weird!"
It's horrible to listen to especially when they're on the bus or train as long as you and it's a long ride. Thankfully I have my music on my Iphone. I would get really cranky and pissed off if I ever left my headphones or my battery died and I can't hide from the stupid nonsense these types of conversations carry. This is what grindz mi gearz.
Episode 3: Loud Folk
Posted by
Starr
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Labels: Grindz Mi Gearz Episodes

0 comments:
Post a Comment